Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Raspberry Coke - Teh Review

Well the much anticipated Raspberry Coke was released yesterday, and I finally got around to purchasing a bottle of it this morning. After all the hype generated by Trademe on this I have been eagerly waiting for the release. I have sampled both though not much of the diet flavour, which tastes foul at first but has a relatively nice aftertaste when compared with normal diet coke.

The regular Raspberry Coke is rather pleasant. It is nowhere near as sweet as I expected, like vanilla coke is. The raspberry flavour is quite subtle, as if a small shot of raspberry cordial has been added (as is often done in Auckland cafes), unlike the now dead Cherry Coke which really tasted nothing like Coke or Cherries (despite this it was delicious, COKE YOU FARKERS BRING IT BACK NOW!!!). I personally can't stand raspberry soft drinks so this was all a nice surprise for me. I also imagine that this Raspberry Coke would go excellently with a shot of Raspberry Absolut Vodka, for a bit of extra Raspberriness.

I would recommend that anyone who is a fan of coke/vanilla coke/cherry coke give it a go. I also think it could be useful for covering up nasty flavours, making it a drink spiker's dream come true.